Yarnbomber Project Tote – PDF Digital Sewing Pattern
THIS LISTING IS FOR A DIGITAL PATTERN in English which will be emailed to you immediately after purchase.
- Digital PDF file with 16 pages of step-by-step photo instructions
- 2 Design options for the bag exterior
- Handy cutting chart and pattern pieces to print at home
- Full video tutorial
- Instant download after purchase
- A fun sewing project that’s great for beginner bag makers
- All measurements are in imperial (inches) and metric (centimetres)
- A0 file for use with projectors or a print shop
This pattern does NOT include SVG files due to the large size of the pattern pieces
Skill level: Beginner bag maker
License: PDF files for your personal use only. You can make bags to sell on a home-based production scale.
This bag is so much fun to make! Grab a copy of the pattern to get started
This project tote was designed by Amy Hutton of BedHogShop. This tote makes the perfect project bag for crafts. The pattern includes two exterior designs to choose from and there’s loads of pockets for your crochet or knitting tools. A yarn feeder and ring loop are also included. Of course, you can easily adjust the pockets to your needs and use it as a general tote bag, or it also makes a pretty good beach bag! We recommend this as a beginner pattern.
Cotton is our favourite fabric for making this bag. Sturdier fabrics such as leather, flexible vinyl and cork are good for the bottom section of the horizontal style, or the centre of the vertical style, but aren’t recommended for the entire top section of the bag as you want it to easily fold down when using the bag for crafts.
12″ tall x 12-17″ wide x 6″ deep (30cm x 30-43cm x 15cm). The width is narrower at the bottom and wider at the top
- Interior pockets designed for crafts such as crochet and knitting
- Zip closure to keep the contents secure
- Two exterior design choices included
- Folds down for easy access when in use
- Perfect for a project bag
You can sell bags made from this design on a home-based production scale.
This is NOT a finished bag. This is a digital project tote sewing pattern to download and print at home to help you create your own bag. This digital file is for your personal use only and is not to be shared or reproduced. See full terms and conditions.
Immediately after purchase, you will receive the following files:
- Letter paper file – the full pattern including pattern pieces for printing at home in the USA & Canada
- A4 paper file – the full pattern including pattern pieces for printing at home outside the USA & Canada
- A0 file – for print shop and projector use only
This is rated as a beginner friendly pattern, suitable for those with some sewing experience but not necessarily bag making experience.
For printing at home, please use the letter paper file if you’re in the USA or Canada, or the A4 file for everywhere else. The A0 file is for projector and print shop use only and is not compatible with a standard home printer.
This is a PDF digital sewing pattern in English available for instant download. See the “DOWNLOAD INSTRUCTIONS” page for details on how to download your pattern after purchase.
This project tote pattern is written using both imperial (inches) and metric (centimetres) measurements.
Included in the photos are bags made by our pattern testers. Please be aware that some of the testers have made small modifications to their bags. Instructions for these modifications are not included in the pattern but are simply there to provide ideas on how you could adapt the pattern if you want to.
- 2/3 yd (60cm) Exterior fabric – cotton (44″/110cm wide)*
- 1 yd (90cm) Lining fabric – cotton (44″/110cm wide)*
*Measurements account for directional fabrics
- 2 1/2yd (230cm) – Medium weight woven interfacing (G700/SF101 or similar)
- 1/2 yd (50cm) Thermolam 971F stabiliser (or similar high loft fusible fleece)
- 24″ (60cm) No.5 zip tape & 1 zip pull
- 1 x 3/8″ (10mm) Grommet/eyelet
- 1 x 1 1/8″ (30mm) split ring/key chain ring
- 88″ (224cm) of 1″ (2.5cm) webbing for the handles
- Edge paint (optional for the yarn feed edges)
As this is an electronic product, we cannot process refunds or returns as it cannot be returned once delivered. This pattern, once purchased, is not to be shared or reproduced in any way.
Downloads are limited to 10 per file as a precaution to stop bots from sharing download links. If you need your download limit refreshed, please email us and we’ll be happy to sort it for you.
Got a question? Check the FAQs page, or email us at email@example.com.