No Sew Crossbody (NSC) – PDF Digital Leather Pattern
THIS LISTING IS FOR A DIGITAL PATTERN in English which will be emailed to you immediately after purchase.
- Digital PDF file with step-by-step photo instructions to help you create a gorgeous unlined leather crossbody bag
- Pattern pieces to print at home on A4 and letter paper formats
- A1 pattern pieces for use with a projector or at a print shop
- Full video tutorial
- Instant download after purchase
- A quick pattern that will help you create a cute crossbody bag
- All measurements are in imperial (inches) and metric (centimetres)
- A great introduction to using leather
This pattern does NOT include SVG files due to the large size of the pattern pieces.
PDF files for your personal use only. You can make bags to sell on a home-based production scale.
Want to try something new? Grab a copy of the pattern to get started!
As indicated by the name, this is a no sew pattern constructed entirely with rivets. It’s a quick and simple bag to make. This bag quickly comes together, creating a cute crossbody that will make you want to use leather in all your bag making projects.
6oz [2.0mm]+ Veg tan leather or Chrome tan leather: 30″ x 16” [77cm x 41cm]. If using a thinner leather, it should have a firm/very firm handle. Soft/thin leather will make it difficult to close the flap when the bag is empty. If you choose to use a lighter fabric, consider not using a magnetic snap and just allowing the flap to fall closed. We recommend using genuine leather for this pattern as it’s unlined and has lots of raw edges. If you want to, you can finish your raw edges using edge paint for chrome tan leather, or by burnishing the edges of veg tan leather.
What about using vinyl or faux leather? We recommend using genuine leather for this pattern as the edges can be left raw and still look fantastic. It’s also difficult to find faux leather or vinyl that’s thick/stiff enough for this pattern. Genuine leather is usually available in thicker varieties which is more suitable for this bag. You’ll also find that leather will wear better with use, particularly on the raw edges where the base meets the side.
We’ve had fun creating a few of these using 3-4mm felt so that’s a great option if you want to make a cheaper and lighter option.
8″ high x 11″ wide x 3 1/4″ deep (21cm h x 28cm w x 8cm d)
You can sell bags made from this design on a home-based production scale.
IMMEDIATELY AFTER PURCHASE, YOU WILL RECEIVE THE FOLLOWING FILES:
- Letter paper file – the full pattern including pattern pieces for printing at home in the USA & Canada
- A4 paper file – the full pattern including pattern pieces for printing at home outside the USA & Canada
- A1 file – for print shop and projector use only
This is NOT a finished bag. This is a digital pattern to download and print at home to help you create your own bag. This digital file is for your personal use only and is not to be shared or reproduced. See full terms and conditions.
If you’d like to share your creations on social media, you can use the tag #nosewcrossbody
We recommend this as an intermediate pattern.
For printing at home, please use the letter paper file if you’re in the USA or Canada, or the A4 file for everywhere else. The A0 file is for projector and print shop use only and is not compatible with a standard home printer.
This is a PDF digital sewing pattern in English available for instant download. See the “DOWNLOAD INSTRUCTIONS” page for details on how to download your pattern after purchase.
This pattern is written using both imperial (inches) and metric (centimetres) measurements.
Included in the photos are bags made by our pattern testers. Please be aware that some of the testers have made small modifications to their bags. Instructions for these modifications are not included in the pattern but are simply there to provide ideas on how you could adapt the pattern if you want to.
- 18 Medium Rivets (8mm post) OR smaller post Chicago screws
- 4 Large Rivets (10mm post) OR smaller post Chicago screws
- 1 x Rivet back, edge or feature magnetic snap or turn lock
- 1 x 25mm [1″] Strap slider
- 2 x 18mm [3/4″] D-rings
- 2 x 25mm [1″] Swivel hooks
- 150cm [60″] of 25mm [1″] Webbing for the strap
- 6oz [2mm]+ Veg tan or Chrome tan leather: 30” x 16” [77cm x 41cm]
- Sharp cutting tools (rotary cutter/craft knife)
- Leather glue or contact adhesive is required if using magnetic snaps with prong backs
- Measuring tool/ruler
- 2mm & 3mm hole punches
- Handheld rivet setting tool or hand press
As this is an electronic product, we cannot process refunds or returns as it cannot be returned once delivered. This pattern, once purchased, is not to be shared or reproduced in any way.
Downloads are limited to 10 per file as a precaution to stop bots from sharing download links. If you need your download limit refreshed, please email us and we’ll be happy to sort it for you.
Got a question? Check the FAQs page, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org