NST Drawstring – FREE Digital Sewing Pattern – Perfect First Bag
THIS LISTING IS FOR A DIGITAL PATTERN in English. This listing does not include the No Sew Tote leather pattern. That pattern is available to purchase separately here
- Digital PDF file with step by step photo instructions to make a drawstring bag
- Handy cutting chart and pattern pieces to print at home
- Instant download after purchase
- A removable drawstring lining that fits perfectly into our leather No Sew Tote pattern
- Designed and created on a domestic sewing machine
- All measurements are in imperial (inches) and metric (centimetres)
- Additional pocket options for the leather No Sew Tote
- A1 pattern piece file – for print shop & projector use
Finished size: 13″ high x 9 1/4″ wide x 5 1/2″ deep (33cm h x 23.5cm w x 14cm d)
Skill level: Beginner – an ideal first bag project
Recommended fabrics: Cotton or canvas (for the additional leather pocket steps, see the No Sew Tote leather recommendations)
Selling bags: You can sell bags made from this design on a home-based production scale.
This is NOT a finished bag. This is a digital sewing pattern to download and print at home to help you create your own bag. This digital file is for your personal use only and is not to be shared or reproduced. See full terms and conditions.
If you want to make this to compliment a No Sew Tote, you can grab the No Sew Tote pattern here.
This pattern does not include SVG files for use on cutting machines.
This quick and simple drawstring bag ideal for your first bag. It’s quick, simple and easy to put together. There’s no hardware, and for the drawstring you can use almost any rope, string, cord or ribbon that’s 5mm or smaller. Cotton or canvas is perfect for this bag and the only other thing you’ll need is some interfacing and thread.
The NST drawstring is a great bag on it’s own. It has many uses for storage around the house, carrying things while travelling, or perhaps you could use a waterproof fabric for the lining and use it to hold your wet swimming costumer after a day at the beach?
It’s also the perfect size to act as a removable lining for the No Sew Tote if you’ve made one of those. We recommend it for the straight top edge NST, not the curved top edge, as it doesn’t look quite as neat on the curved edge.
As a bonus, the pattern also includes additional pocket options for the No Sew Tote in leather, in case you want to do some sewing and make your tote really stand out from the crowd.
Please note this pattern does not include a video tutorial. This pattern is so quick and easy, we really think you’ll have all the information you need contained within the step by step photo instructions.
This is a PDF digital sewing pattern in English available for instant download. See the “DOWNLOAD INSTRUCTIONS” page for details on how to download your pattern after purchase.
This pattern is written using both imperial (inches) and metric (centimeters) measurements.
Included in the photos are bags made by our pattern testers. Please be aware that some of the testers have made small modifications to their bags. Instructions for these modifications are not included in the pattern.
- 1/2 yard (50cm) Exterior fabric – cotton or canvas (54″/138cm wide)
- 1/2 yard (50cm) Lining fabric – cotton or canvas (44″/112cm wide)
- 82″ ( 210cm) Drawstring cord, ribbon, macrame cord, paracord or similar (up to 5mm thick)
- 1/2 yard x 35″ (50cm x 90cm) Medium weight woven interfacing (G700/SF101 or similar)
As this is an electronic product, we cannot process refunds or returns as it cannot be returned once delivered. This pattern, once purchased, is not to be shared or reproduced in any way.
Got a question? Check the FAQs page, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.