The Daythum Sling – PDF Digital Sewing Pattern
THIS LISTING IS FOR A DIGITAL PATTERN in English which will be emailed to you immediately after purchase.
- Digital PDF file with 16 pages of step by step photo instructions
- Handy cutting chart and pattern pieces to print at home
- Full video tutorial
- Instant download after purchase
- A unique design that’s quick and fun to make
- Designed and created on a domestic sewing machine
- All measurements are in imperial (inches) and metric (centimetres)
- Digital file with instructions and pattern pieces to print at home, in both letter paper (USA & Canada) and A4 paper (everywhere else) formats
- A0 pattern piece file for use with a projector or at a print shop
- SVG files for use with cutting machines
Intermediate – curves and binding take a little experience
PDF files for your personal use only. You can make bags using this pattern on a home-based production scale.
Want to learn some new skills? Grab a copy of the pattern!
The Daythum sling is a great bag to carry your everyday items but keep your hands free. It’s sized to fit a standard bottle of water, along with your wallet, keys, sunglasses, and other essentials so it’s really handy for walking and travelling, when you just need the essentials and don’t want a handbag hanging on your shoulder. On the back is a zip pocket. Because the pocket is against your body while the bag is in use, it’s a great place to keep your phone secure.
Cotton, canvas, cork, vinyl or leather. Your chosen fabrics should be suitable for the capabilities of your sewing machine. If using a basic domestic sewing machine, we recommend using cotton or canvas for your first bag.
11 1/2″ high x 7 1/4″ wide x 3 1/4″ deep (29cm h x 18cm w x 8cm d)
You can sell bags made from this design on a home-based production scale.
Immediately after purchase, you will receive the following files:
- Letter paper file – the full pattern including pattern pieces for printing at home in the USA & Canada
- A4 paper file – the full pattern including pattern pieces for printing at home outside the USA & Canada
- A0 file – for print shop and projector use only
- SVGs (zipped file) – for use with Cricut and similar cutting machines. Please watch this video by MGrahamSews for instructions to unzip the folder and use the files
This is NOT a finished bag. This is a digital sewing pattern to download and print at home to help you create your own bag. This digital file is for your personal use only and is not to be shared or reproduced. See full terms and conditions.
For printing at home, please use the letter paper file if you’re in the USA or Canada, or the A4 file for everywhere else. The A1 file is for projector and print shop use only and is not compatible with a standard home printer.
This is a PDF digital sewing pattern in English available for instant download. See the “DOWNLOAD INSTRUCTIONS” page for details on how to download your pattern after purchase.
This pattern is written using both imperial (inches) and metric (centimetres) measurements.
Included in the photos are bags made by our pattern testers. Please be aware that some of the testers have made small modifications to their bags. Instructions for these modifications are not included in the pattern.
Acrylic templates are available to purchase from:
- 26″ (66cm) No.5 zipper tape & 2 zip pulls
- 1/2 yard (50cm) Exterior fabric – cotton, canvas, cork, vinyl or leather (44″/110cm wide)*
- 1/2 yard (50cm) Lining fabric – cotton or canvas (44″/110cm wide)*
- 63″ x 1″ (159cm x 2.5cm) Cotton webbing
- 60″ x 1.5″ (153cm x 3.8cm) Nylon webbing
- 3″ x 19.75″ (7.75cm x 50cm) Ultra firm stabiliser – Peltex or similar
- 2/3 yard x 35″ (60cm x 90cm) Medium weight woven interfacing (G700/SF101 or similar)
- 1/3 yard x 35″ (30cm x 90cm) Decovil Light
- 1 x 1.5″ (3.8cm) rectangle ring
- 1 x 1.5″ (3.8cm) Strap slider
- 4 x Medium rivets (optional)
*Measurements account for directional fabrics
As this is an electronic product, we cannot process refunds or returns as it cannot be returned once delivered. This pattern, once purchased, is not to be shared or reproduced in any way.
Downloads are limited to 10 per file as a precaution to stop bots from sharing download links. If you need your download limit refreshed, please email us and we’ll be happy to sort it for you.
Got a question? Check the FAQs page, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org