Rivet Magnets – Pack of 2
Rivet backed magnetic snaps. Pack of 2.
For use on slip pockets and flaps. Quick and easy to fit, even to a almost finished project. Available in three colours: brushed copper, brushed brass or matte black.
Magnetic snap face: 18mm [3/4″]. Rivet cap: 12mm [1/2″]. Rivet post: 6mm [1/4″]
Each pack consists of:
- 2 x 18mm female magnetic snap pieces with 6mm posts
- 2 x 18mm male magnetic snap pieces with 6mm posts
- 4 x 12mm rivet caps
Approximate weight: 5g per magnetic snap set
Made in: China
Material: Zinc Alloy & Copper
You’ll need a rivet magnetic snap hand tool set or press die to set these snaps. As an example, this is the die we use in our hand press. However, you’ll need to purchase a die that is suitable for the press you’re using as they’re not all the same.
Where other hardware or bags are included in photos, this is for illustrative purposes only. This listing is rivet magnetic snaps only.
FREE UK delivery for orders over £50
How to use:
- Cut some small offcuts of stabiliser. You can use these between the fabric layers to pad the magnetic snap to strengthen it.
- Assemble your pocket or bag, inserting the stabiliser where the magnetic snap will be and securing it in place with glue.
- Mark the location of the where you want each side of your magnetic snap to be.
- Punch a 2mm hole where you want each side of the magnetic snap to be.
- Push the snap through and place the rivet cap on the other side.
- Press in place using a hand tool or press – you will need the correct dies.