Konin Bowler Purse – PDF Digital Sewing Pattern
THIS LISTING IS FOR A DIGITAL PATTERN in English which will be emailed to you immediately after purchase.
- Digital PDF file with 18 pages of step by step photo instructions showing how to create your bowler purse
- Handy cutting chart and pattern pieces to print at home
- Full video tutorial
- Instant download after purchase
- All measurements are imperial (inches)
- Digital file with instructions and pattern pieces to print on letter paper (for the USA & Canada) and A4 paper (used outside the USA & Canada)
- Pattern pieces on A0 paper for use with projectors or at a print shop
- SVG files for use on cutting machines
PDF files for your personal use only. You can make bags using this pattern on a home-based production scale.
This sewing pattern comes together really quickly. I’ve rated it as intermediate as it involves sewing curves, but there’s no reason an ambitious beginner can’t give it a try! It’s firm and structured with a built in wallet inside and a stretchy mesh pocket which is really handy for holding your phone. The bag is finished with binding on the inside. Binding is a great way to give a bag structure, it creates a sort of “skeleton” inside the bag which helps it keep it’s shape.
The main stabiliser can be Peltex 71F, Decovil Heavy or fusible foam. I don’t recommend using a sew-in stabiliser as it will make the seams very thick when you come to bind them. Some of the photos show which stabiliser was used so you can get an idea of the look created by various stabilisers.
For the exterior fabric, I recommend canvas, cork or vinyl. For the grab handle (pattern piece F), I strongly recommend using cotton or canvas as it is included in the seam and will become very bulky with thicker fabrics. If you choose to make a handle accent (pattern piece E), it will need to be made using cork, leather or vinyl. Whatever fabrics you choose to use, please ensure your sewing machine is capable of sewing through
multiple layers of the fabric before you begin.
For the lining fabric I recommend quilting cotton or light weight (300 denier) waterproof canvas. If using waterproof canvas, omit the woven interfacing. At times, the pattern recommends using fabric pens or heat to
press. Before doing this, test on scrap pieces of your fabric to ensure the marks erase and heat doesn’t damage it.
7″ high x 9 1/2″ wide x 4″ deep
You can sell bags made from this design on a home-based production scale.
Immediately after purchase, you will receive the following files:
- Letter paper file – the full pattern including pattern pieces for printing at home in the USA & Canada
- A4 paper file – the full pattern including pattern pieces for printing at home outside the USA & Canada
- A0 file – for print shop and projector use only
- SVGs (zipped file) – for use with Cricut and similar cutting machines. Please watch this video by MGrahamSews for instructions to unzip the folder and use the files
This is NOT a finished bag. This is a digital sewing pattern to download and print at home to help you create your own bag. This digital file is for your personal use and that of your family only and is not to be shared or reproduced. See full terms and conditions.
Acrylic templates are available to purchase from:
For printing at home, please use the letter paper file if you’re in the USA or Canada, or the A4 file for everywhere else. The A0 file is for projector and print shop use only and is not compatible with a standard home printer.
This is a PDF digital sewing pattern in English available for instant download. See the “DOWNLOAD INSTRUCTIONS” page for details on how to download your pattern after purchase.
This sewing pattern is written using imperial (inches) measurements.
Included in the photos are bags made by our pattern testers. Please be aware that some of the testers have made small modifications to their bags. Instructions for these modifications are not included in the pattern but are simply there to provide ideas on how you could adapt the pattern if you want to.
- 1/4 yd Exterior fabric (54″ width)
- 1/2 yd Lining fabric (44″ width)
- 1/3 yd Medium woven interfacing – SF101/Wovenfuse/G700 (35″ width)
- 1/2 yd Medium non-woven interfacing – Pellon 808 Craft fuse/Vilene F220 (35″ width)
- 1/4 yd Main stabiliser – Decovil Heavy/Peltex 71F/fusible foam (35″ width)
- 3 1/2″ (10cm) x 10″ (25cm) Ultra Firm Base Stabiliser – Peltex 71F
- 5 1/4″ (14cm) x 10 3/4″ (28cm) Two way stretch mesh fabric – (e.g By Annie’s)
- 17″ No.5 zipper tape & 2 zip pulls
- 8″ No.3 zipper tape & 1 zip pull
- 2 x 1″ (25mm) D-rings
- 2 x 1 1/2″ (38mm) Swivel hooks
- 1 x 1 1/2″ (38mm) Strap slider
- 60″ (1.5m) Webbing for the strap
- 2 yds (1.85m) Double fold bias binding
- 8 x Medium rivets (8mm post) – *OPTIONAL*
- 4 x Small/Medium bag feet – *OPTIONAL*
As this is an electronic product, we cannot process refunds or returns as it cannot be returned once delivered. This pattern, once purchased, is not to be shared or reproduced in any way.
Downloads are limited to 10 per file as a precaution to stop bots from sharing download links. If you need your download limit refreshed, please email us and we’ll be happy to sort it for you.
Got a question? Check the FAQs page, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org